exmpp uses autotools (autoconf, configure, make, ...) for preparing and compiling the erlang and C source code.
Geoff Cant has a git branch where exmpp is compiled using Rebar instead:
Note: that branch doesn't include Rebar, so you need to download and build it: https://bitbucket.org/basho/rebar/wiki/Building
Advantages of Rebar over Autotools for exmpp:
- All compilation is defined in rebar.config, no need for several Makefile.am, .in, etc.
Disadvantages of Rebar over Autotools for exmpp:
- Still far less tested than autotools for building exmpp
Stuff to verify:
- exmpp is EPL 1.1, Autotools is GPL, and Rebar is Apache 2. Could that license be a problem?
- Does Rebar work in Mac? And in Windows?
- rebar.config opton: platform_define